Wednesday, January 12, 2011

My apologies

I am absolutely disgusted, saddened, and sick to my stomach over the disrespectful display I saw tonight at the memorial service for those who lost their lives in the tragic event last Saturday.

 

If there was a display like that at my Grandmother’s funeral, I would have been appalled at the lack of respect. 

 

That could in NO WAY be called a memorial service and I, as an American who prayed and mourned for those who were lost and injured, would like to extend my apologies to those families who are grieving.  Please know that there are those of us who were not in that room who have said prayers for you and your families in this time of need.  There are those of us who have grieved the loss of a beautiful child who should tucked in by her mom tonight, not used in a disgusting play of politics.

 

It makes me sad the direction this has gone and, the least any of us can do is apologize for the disgusting display tonight, in the days past, and, I’m sure, in the days to come.

 

I am truly sorry.  Your loved ones deserve so much more than this.

1 comment:

  1. I didn't see the memorial but I must admit this is ridiculous how this has turned political. A young man with serious mental issues made a very bad decision and it changed the lives of many in an instant. I honestly, do not believe politics plays a role and it is not the time to bicker about gun control.

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.